Every year on December 10th, the world observes International Human Rights Day, which serves as both a global call to…
Strengthening Feminist Movement in Nepal
Learn how we are making a difference!
Feminists Rising Together
Tarangini foundation strives to create a society in which the contributions and efforts of women are acknowledged, appreciated, and respected.
Tarangini Foundation is a feminist non-profit organization dedicated to advancing women’s rights. We are committed to documenting feminist movements, addressing the need for self-care for women’s rights activists, and promoting a self-representative feminist movement through our various programs and initiatives. Our programs include psychosocial counselling, trauma-informed care, integrated security, and Feminist Capacity Building and Mentoring Program. Our feminist capacity-building and mentoring program supports young women and women’s rights activists to understand and develop a feminist perspective, empowering them to break isolation, build solidarity, foster mutual learning and support, and improve the movement’s sustainability.
Achivements and Impact
- Enhancing the abilities and skills of feminist and young feminist activists.
- Increased awarness of community to create a supportive environment for psychosocial counseling.
- Sparked a conversation on the need for mental health policies, particularly post-Covid-19.
- Igniting campaign on right to labour
- Trained deputy mayors and deputy chairpersons in partnership with local governments.
- Strengthened team foundation with updated policies, reports and documents.
- Trained 43 new psychosocial counselors.
“Embracing Diversity: Advocating for Inclusive Societies on International Day of Persons with Disabilities”
In a world that thrives on diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities, observances like Disability Day hold significant importance. It’s a…